Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Art Doll Box Reveal

Ah, there's nothing like the feeling of happiness that comes from finishing a project, particularly one that you weren't quite sure was going to come out well.

When I first talked with you about this Art Doll Box, it was in the dolly-dismemberment phase. I was feeling a bit like a serial killer in my basement, taking the arms and legs and head off of this poor, hapless china doll.

Alas, she was at Goodwill for only a buck, so I couldn't resist trying. And I'm glad that I did.

Aptly named, "Art Doll Box" (for now at least)
Sometimes the scariest part of trying a new-to-you project, is taking that first step. Do you ever struggle with taking something apart, even if it was something that was completely cheapo and found at a yard sale or thrift shop?

Her heart ... 
I feel like this doll needs her story told. Also, maybe a real name "Art Doll Box" isn't very creative. Do you have any suggestions?

I'm happy to walk you through the steps of this project, if you're interested. You may be able to figure out what I did just from the photos, but let me know if you'd like a more behind-the-scenes look.





She'll be up in the shop soon. Though I'm happy with her, I want her to find a home where she's truly adored.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to thank you for visiting and the lovely comment you left on my blog a couple of days ago Joy.

    You've been very brave with your new project and though I have no problem pulling things apart generally, I seem to find a problem knowing exactly where to start on something that is a new 'thing'! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam, I'm so glad to have you visit.

      Well, I find it scarier to pull things apart than put them together. I'm not sure why but I understand your hesitation when you're faced with a "new thing." :)

      Delete