Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Vintage Finds of the Week

OK, OK, you all ... I have to fess up. These shoes are definitely not vintage. They are, however, super cute and even though I shouldn't really have bought them as the right one pinches just a teeny bit, I couldn't resist. Plus, this gift certificate from my birthday has been burning a  hole in my purse.

They'll look so cute with one of my three skirts (black, black or gray). Or maybe capris this summer?


The scarf, I think is really vintage and I hope to make it into a scarf blouse. And of course, this dear little beaded purse is vintage. Isn't it adorable? It's completely impractical but I plan to add it to my Big Girl's Dress Up Box which I'll someday take the time to assemble.

Lots of beads = nice and heavy, just like I like them!

Imagine how long this took to make? Was it hand sewn? I'm not sure how to tell ... 

What's that? You've never heard of a Big Girl's Dress Up Box? I got the idea from a friend. Well, actually, it was her friend's idea. This friend's friend is an artist and created a dress up box for when she wants to feel fancy, or is invited to something special like a Downton Afternoon. 

Can't you just imagine how much fun it would be to put together something like a dress up box? Maybe using a vintage suitcase or an old trunk ... I can picture it now, with soft, floaty layers of dresses peeking out from around the open lid, pearls and other sparkly costume jewelry nestled in the mounds of satin and gossamer .... ah, bliss!

In other news, I've finished the upcycled vintage slip and am going to send it off to Altered Couture, in hopes that it might be featured in an upcoming challenge. I will post pics soon but am waiting for a clear day to take pics outdoors (hopefully) plus I need to iron it as it's seriously wrinkled from all my beading/applique.

I'm becoming slightly obsessed with beading. I've started a new pattern on a vintage collar that I also dyed a purplish hue. Will post pics of that soon as well.

What creative projects are you working on this week? 

No comments:

Post a Comment